I love a beautiful silhouette.
It rarely matters of what. Every silhouette is shrouded in drama and mystery, and more than a drop or two of romance. I love silhouettes for what I don’t see as much as for what I do. Sure you can see more when the subject is in the light, but I think it’s the darkness that ignites the imagination. It draws the viewer in and makes her think about what she’s seeing. I shoot silhouettes wherever I go. I find them compelling and a wonderful way to showcase a destination.
Take a moment to look at the photos below, and you tell me….. don’t you want to go?
1. Temples in Old Bagan, Myanmar are magical at sunset.
2. Men working on a rickety, handmade scaffolding, repair a temple in Old Bagan, Myanmar.
3. An Ibis and a bevy of shorebirds at low tide search for food in the water at Ding Darling Wildlife Refuge on Sanibel Island, Florida.
4. A beautiful, misty view of a floating garden with a gardener’s hut, on Inle Lake in Myanmar. The bamboo poles you see fasten the garden to the lake floor below.
5. A couple swim at sunrise in a man made tide pool alongside the ocean outside of Cape Town, South Africa.
6. The sun peeks through the clouds after a short rain, illuminating thousands of Wildebeest grazing during the migration.
7. A man paddles through the extensive floating gardens in front of the Villa Inle hotel on Inle lake in Myanmar.
8. A man navigates his boat through his village with a bamboo pole near Tonle Sap Lake in Cambodia.
9. A gorgeous light blue just before sunrise over Abu Camp in Botswana.
10. People running into the ice cold water in January during the Polar Bear Plunge on Coney Island in New York City.
11. Kids near Tonle Sap lake in Cambodia.
12. Flying high in a hot air balloon over Old Bagan in Myanmar.
13. Shadows of a camel ride in the Sahara Desert, Morocco.
14. A buddhist Temple in front of an orange sunset in Old Bagan, Myanmar.
15. A Springbok on a ridge in Damarland, Namibia.
16. Vultures on top of a lone acacia tree in the Masai Mara, Kenya.
17. Ocean view of an impending sunset off Captiva Island, Florida.
18. Another springbok in silhouette (they make good silhouettes) on a hill in the Masai Mara, Kenya.
19. Cut out from the background like paper dolls, travelers and locals cross the Ubein bridge in Mandalay, Myanmar.
20. An acacia tree is dwarfed by a spectacular sky at sunset on the Masai Mara in Kenya.
21. An elephant grazes against scarlet pink sunset in the Masai Mara in Kenya.
If you’re enjoying this post you may also like these.
If you enjoyed this post, please Pin to share!